Entries in CLUB DRIVEL (7)
This playlist is also available on Spotify.
This is an abbreviated edition of CLUB DRIVEL! No blurbs this month, but you can stream the full list in the 8tracks widget above or view the entries on Resident Advisor, Spotify, or Beatport if that's your thing.
- Umberto - "End Credits" [MMODEMM]
- d'Eon - "Infosys II" [Knives]
- Brassfoot - "We Made It Out the Hood Ma" [Unknown to the Unknown]
- Denis Sulta - "It's Only Real" [Numbers]
- Danny L Harle - "Broken Flowers" [PC Music]
- Lechuga Zafiro ft. C1080 - "Tambor Espada (Blacksea Não Maya Remix)" [Salviatek]
- Baba Stiltz - "Cherry (Legowelt Remix)" [Unknown to the Unknown]
- Harald Björk - "Sabor Latino" [Studio Barnhus]
- DJ Overdose - "Housejam Freaker (Willie Burns Remix)" [Unknown to the Unknown]
- Sully - "Crystal Cuts" [Astrophonica]
Post-punk, freestyle, ambient techno, and Detroit techno walked into a bar...
It's the second edition of CLUB DRIVEL! Read the column after the jump, or you can stream the full list in the 8tracks widget above or view the entries on Resident Advisor, Spotify, or Beatport if that's your thing.
Click through to read the full feature.
After three and a half years of keeping up a monthly dance chart, I've decided do a little re-branding. CLUB DRIVEL is now what I'm calling the chart, and it will double as a column. I was once an aspiring music writer, so this is something of a return to form for me. With all the hours I spend compiling these charts, I figure there's no reason not to spend a bit more time and write up each track. Write-ups should make the whole thing a bit more useful and visible, and that's a challenge I'm up for. It will be a work in progress for some time to come, but hopefully within a year's time, I will have many of the kinks worked out in terms of formatting, branding, etc.
I will continue posting playlists of the chart in the usual places (8tracks, Spotify, Resident Advisor, and Beatport). So if you're accustomed to streaming the chart, not much will change for you.
If you have followed my charts in the past, I ask that you please blast this around social media and help me get the word out. It would be much appreciated. And now, on with the show.
Full column after the jump.