Entries in grime (56)
Sunday, October 19, 2014 at 12:00PM
It's been two and a half years since ANTS offered up an all-grime episode. The decade-old UK music form has dazzled in 2014, so the time has come to examine it once again. The focus this time is "grimegaze," the synth-heavy, melodic strain of grime championed by Dark0 but also practiced by many of the genre's most visible figures. Drawing influences from JRPG soundtracks, ambient and the current reemergence of beat-driven downtempo, these ethereal tracks are breathing new life into grime at a time when many may have predicted its stagnation.
- Moleskin - "Slow Dancing With Ms Haversham to Moments in Love in Satis House" [Keysound Recordings]
- Visionist - "Acceptance" [Lit City Trax]
- Kirk Spencer ft. Celestial Trax - "Rain Drift" [Strangerzoo]
- Last Japan - "Crystal Tokyo" [Circadian Rhythms]
- Dark0 - "Amethyst" [Gobstopper Records]
- Shriekin - "Steel Ships" [Local Action Records]
- JT the Goon - "Twin Warriors" [Oil Gang]
- Slackk - "Hesitate" [Local Action Records]
- Chemist - "Blocks (Last Japan's 'Still Kold' Remix)" [Coyote Records]
- Strict Face - "New Moonlight" [Tuff Wax Records]
- Logos - "Night Flight" [Keysound Recordings]
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 08:00AM
Baby Armie's dance charts are also available on Resident Advisor. Variations are available on Spotify and Beatport.
- Dark0 - "Gaia" [Gobstopper Records]
- My Panda Shall Fly - "Yapeyú" [Soundway Records]
- Starfoxxx - "Bae HD" [Donky Pitch]
- Liar - "Hyper-Ego" [Infinite Machine]
- DJ Télio - "7 Maravilhas (Damas da Cor do Pecado)" [Príncipe Discos]
- Nozinja - "Tsekeleke" [Warp Records]
- Ikonika - "Wakeup Sequence" [Planet Mu Records]
- Diamond Bass - "Cadaver" [Generation Bass]
- Shinamo Moki - "Heliotrope" [Mush Records]
- Acidalius - "Androm" [Acid Waxa]
Individual streams after the jump.
Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 02:40PM
Oh dang. Dark0 just came through with this ambient/chill mix. Looking at the track list, you'll notice that most of the tracks are by artists in the grime scene, or at least somewhere under the bass music umbrella. It's peculiar to hear so much lush ambient music made by bass producers all in one listen, but it's a great listen.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 08:00AM